5 ways to live a greener life
- Recycle your used grocery bags. Most grocery st
ores have bins available f orcollecting used bags, if they can’t be collected in your regular recycling bin.
- Garage Sales – the ultimate recycling event! Either having a sale,
orbuying items at a garage sale gives household goods another go at being used. It’s a win-win situation with recycling and deep discounts.
- Cut down on water use by scraping food off dishes instead of using water to wash it off, bef
ore they go in the dishwasher.
- Send your old sneaks to a better resting place. Nike collects old sneakers and turns them into cool things like rubbery surfacing f
orplaygrounds. To learn m ore click here.
- Set your washer to Cold/Cold. About 85% of the energy your washer uses goes toward warming up the water f
orthe wash. Cut down on the energy being used and you’ll also save money!