Written by Kim Fischer, below is a recent article taken from her blog, Lotus Life Yoga. Kim is a certified yoga instructor at our Syracuse CNY Healing Arts Center.
A student just emailed me asking for my recommendations on good yoga books. What a wonderful question! I immediately ran upstairs to my attic, and dove eagerly into my bookcase filled with yoga texts to find my favorites. There are so many great authors, yogis, and books that I can’t possibly list them all, but here’s a few to get you started. This list will give you a great understanding of yoga through the eyes of others. Just keep in mind, that nothing replaces the knowledge gained while being on the mat. Namaste.
- A Path with Heart by Jack Kornfield
- The Tree of Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar
- Light on Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar
- The Shambala Guide to Yoga by Georg Feuerstein
- Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramhansa Yogananda
Hope you enjoy!
Health & Happiness,