What Is A Chemical Peel?
A chemical peel is a skin treatment which is used to improve and smooth out the surface of the facial skin. A chemical solution is used to remove top layers of skin which allows the dead surface skin to peel off. The peeling process leads to new skin growth which is usually smoother, healthier and less wrinkled compared to the old skin. Chemical peels should be performed by aesthetic professionals.
Which Peel is Right For Me?
There are four different types of SkinCeuticals Peels at CNY Healing Arts Spa:
* MicroPeel for Sensitive Skin – The SkinCeuticals Micropeel for Sensitive Skin is formulated with niacin, lactic acid and usnic acid to gently exfoliate and decongest even the most sensitive skin while balancing moisture levels. This clinical procedure combines dermaplaning (physical exfoliation) and chemical exfoliation to reduce signs of aging. The Micropeel improves the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, dullness, and visible skin imperfections in a series of 4-6 consecutive procedures. Micropeel for Sensitive Skin is typically the optimal starter peel and is suitable for all skin types, especially sensitive.
* MicroPeel Plus – A chemical exfoliation treatment which reduces acne and enhances skin tone and texture. The MicroPeel Plus procedure is a unique one-step treatment of chemical exfoliation designed to reduce acne and help correct environmental skin damage. Solutions are formulated with a combination of salicylic acid to refine pores and help reduce the appearance of acne, and glycolic acid to aid in the improvement of rough texture, blotchiness and uneven skin tone. One week following a MicroPeel Plus procedure, skin will undergo its renewal process and light to moderate peeling may occur. For optimal results, two series of 4-6 procedures per year are recommended.
- Pore refining
- Reduces acne blemishes
- Helps prevent future breakouts
- Reduces sebum production and cellular debris
- Encourages cell renewal Improves the appearance of skin discolorations
- Improves collagen synthesis
* The Pigment Balancing Peel- is a customizable medical-only treatment targeting hyperpigmentation to dramatically improve the uneven appearance of photodamage, mottled skin after a series of 4-6 treatments. The masque combines high-performance brightening and anti-inflammatory agents with a peeling acid solution to accelerate cell renewal and diminish uneven skin tone and localized hyperpigmentation.
* Advanced Corrective Peel – Formulated with an exclusive blend of clinical-grade acids and a maximized peel concentration of phenylethyl resorcinol, Advanced Corrective Peel dramatically diminishes the appearance of discoloration, while smoothing texture and refining the appearance of pores, to restore a brighter, more clarified skin tone. For optimal results, a series of 4 treatments every 4 weeks is recommended.
- Improves the appearance of stubborn discoloration
- Evens skin tone and texture
- Helps minimize the appearance of enlarged pores
- Ideal for all skin types and Fitzpatrick I-V