Whether you are new to yoga or are already an experienced yoga practitioner, you can enjoy the benefits of prenatal yoga before, during and after labor. By attending a prenatal yoga class, you are becoming a part of something similar to a community. You will meet other pregnant women who are on the same journey and experiencing the same feelings as you. More importantly, you will be doing good by your baby-to-be.
As you and your pals progress through pregnancy, your instructor will alter your yoga routine to best fit your needs. As you may already know, your pregnancy is divided into trimesters, lasting three months each. A positive, supportive environment, such as a prenatal yoga class offers, can really help you stay on a healthy emotional track throughout all the different stages of pregnancy by keeping you fit and giving you a regular motivational boost.
Join us for a yoga class today – visit our class schedules, separated by location, here.
Benefits of Prenatal Yoga:
- Keeps you limber
- Tones your muscles and keeps them strong
- Minimizes water retention, which helps to reduce swelling, especially in the legs, ankles and hands
- Prevents insomnia
- Eases back pain or discomfort
- Encourages proper posture, providing optimum internal space for your growing baby
- Improves balance
- Develops a sense of inner focus and peace
- Increases circulation
- Helps control weight gain
- Alleviates mood swings
- Trains you to stay calm
- Reduces overall stress level
- Helps your body deal with stress by lowering heart and breathing rates
- Lowers blood pressure
- Promotes mind and body awareness
- Develops concentration and focus
- Helps pregnant women adapt gracefully to physical changes
- Decreases constipation and fatigue